This is a fantastic opportunity for someone with a professional background in Space Flight Software looking to take the next step in their career.
This role will focus on flight software development; defining solutions based on requirements, working with other subsystem teams on software needs, performing verification, integration and test activities.
• Development and architectural design activities for the flight software on spacecraft:
o Derive and maintain software requirements, define software solutions and system architectures.
o Define ICDs, development, and verification plans.
o Design, develop and validate spacecraft flight software, ground software, and simulation
• Coordinate with other teams at sub-system and system level to identify software needs and solutions.
• Support definition and generation of ConOps.
• Perform Flight Software verification, validation, and integration.
• Participate in Mission System Test and Simulation campaigns.
• Support knowledge transfer from teams globally and provide technical review inputs to projects across the organisation.
• Bachelor or master’s degree in computer science, software engineering, or relevant engineering / science discipline.
• 3+ years of commercial experience in flight software development for satellites.
• Experience with embedded systems programming (C/C++).
• Knowledge of software development methodologies & embedded software engineering.
• Experience in using and modifying Board Support Packages.
• Familiarity with UML and SysML.
• Familiarity with commonly used protocols and standards for spacecraft communications, such as CCSDS, CAN, Spacewire.
• Experience of implementing real-time systems and software solutions on spacecraft missions.
• Experience in developing and implementing test plans for spacecraft.
• Proactive and self-managing, able to plan and effectively lead areas of responsibility whilst
contributing collaboratively within a close-knit team.
• Experience of development for VxWorks platforms
• Familiarity with Agile / Scrum software development practices.
• Experience of all stages of mission design lifecycle from initial concept to design, test, and operations.
• Knowledge of cFE and cFS flight software.
• Knowledge of ground segment architectures.
• Linux system administration, shell scripts, make, etc.
• Development on Linux systems.
• Knowledge of scripting languages (e.g. Python, bash).
• Knowledge of assembler for microcontrollers.
• A basic knowledge in the following areas: debris removal, end-of-life, in-orbit servicing.