Nebula Space has an exciting opportunity for a talented and experienced Chief Systems Engineer to join our client's inclusive and welcoming team in Guildford, UK. There are hybrid working and a range of flexible working options, and the role comes with a great salary and benefits package.
As a Chief Systems Engineer, you will provide ongoing technical guidance, support and instruction within the System Engineering function. The role will also extend across the wider engineering organisation supporting multiple aspects of technical delivery, ranging from system architectural steer and development, R&D, technical input to business development opportunities, and support of mission project review and delivery.
To give you an idea of how this flexible role would look and feel, here are some of the things you could expect to do:
- Act as Technical Authority within the Systems Engineering Department, working with the other Chief Engineers and senior engineers as necessary to ensure consistent and justified technical output from the department and related engineering functions
- Be a core member of the architects’ group, ensuring the consistency and direction of technical solutions being implemented across space- and ground-segment systems
- Ensure that appropriate policies, processes, and procedures are in place and maintained across the Engineering Organisation.
To apply for this System Engineering role, you will need a degree or equivalent in an engineering or technical discipline. You will also require the following:
- Excellent planning, organising and communication skills
- Comprehensive knowledge of Space Systems Engineering, including Requirements engineering and trade-offs, spacecraft Verification and Test, change management and control, and risk management.
In return for your passion, collaborative approach and commitment, you'll receive a favourable salary. The comprehensive benefits package includes generous holiday allowance, life assurance, private medical and international travel insurance, annual bonus scheme, share incentive plan, enhanced maternity, paternity and shared parental pay for new parents, high street discount scheme and many more!
To apply for this full-time Chief Systems Engineer job in Guildford, UK, please contact Nebula Space today. We'd love to help you get your next role and enable you to fulfil your professional ambitions.
Nebula Space is a specialist recruitment consultancy working in the world's most innovative, fast-moving and exciting sector. We are space industry experts bringing together top global space talent with some of the world's most prestigious companies. Offering contractor and permanent positions, we're meticulous about finding the right fit for every candidate and role. No matter where you live in the world, if you've got the skills, we've got the contacts to help you achieve the job of your dreams. The space industry is growing – now is the time to become a part of it!