Nebula Space has an exciting opportunity for a skilled and collaborative Facilities Engineer to join our client's welcoming Facilities and Site Services team in Aylesbury. This full-time Facilities Engineer role offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits for your expertise.
The Facilities Engineer will ensure maximum facilities and production uptime by performing routine planned building and equipment maintenance and upkeep tasks. You'll also perform corrective repairs and maintenance and support business projects where facilities support is required, such as new Test Facilities installations, modifications, and commissioning or changes to Production Plant and Facilities.
Some of the primary duties you can expect to take on as Facilities Engineer will include:
- Installing new appliances and equipment
- Fabrication and welding to support project and other site works
- Liaising with, arranging, and managing external contractors for site work where this is required
- Inspecting, maintaining and troubleshooting equipment and systems (such as ventilation)
- Checking site control panels and electrical wiring to identify issues
To apply for this Facilities Engineer role, you will need basic plumbing, carpentry and fabrication knowledge. You will also require the following:
- Competency in using hand and electrical tools
- Competency in using common machine shop equipment, such as lathes, band/chop saws, pillar drills, grinders, etc
- Competent in welding and fabrication – City and Guilds Level 2 minimum, Level 3 preferred, or similar structural welding qualification
- Ability to read technical manuals and drawings and possess a basic working knowledge of PC applications, such as the use of Word/Excel
As a vital member of the team, and in return for your expertise, inclusive approach, and commitment, we'll provide competitive salary, many exciting benefits, and the chance to join a passionate and welcoming team.
To apply for this full-time Facilities Engineer job in Aylesbury, please get in touch with Nebula Space today. We would be thrilled to hear from you.
Nebula Space is a specialist recruitment consultancy working in the world's most innovative, fast-moving and exciting sector. We are space industry experts bringing together top global space talent with some of the world's most prestigious companies. Offering contractor and permanent positions, we're meticulous about finding the right fit for every candidate and role. No matter where you live in the world, if you've got the skills, we've got the contacts to help you achieve the job of your dreams. The space industry is growing – now is the time to become a part of it!