We are looking for a Project Manager to join a leading Spacecraft equipment manufacturer in the UK. The role will be responsible for the overall management of Space Propulsion Systems, including component programs and successful implementation of all aspects for the designated and future programs.
The Project Manager will have overall responsibility for the program / customer. Representing the customers within the company with full commercial and technical responsibility for the program.
Complete responsibility for planning, structuring, managing and driving the activities of technically and geographically diverse multifunctional teams in order to achieve complete customer satisfaction whilst maintaining healthy program profit margins. i.e. The Business unit owner or manager with commercial and technical responsibility for those assigned programs and or customers.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for planning, coordinating, and implementing projects within the decided-upon budget, timeline, and scope. They will also effectively monitor and present project updates to relevant stakeholders, clients, or project team members
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for overall direction and control of assigned programs.
- Primary customer contact for all technical and management matters.
- Responsible for meeting the customers' requirements and needs including schedule, cost, technical, performance
- and quality.
- Obtains the profit objectives on programs.
- Provides leadership to achieve a successful and efficient Project Team.
- Takes a leadership role in identifying and winning new business opportunities.
- Provides the leadership and direction to grow existing and new businesses.
- Prepares plans, schedules, budgets, proposals, and negotiates contracts with both customers and suppliers.
- Plans and conducts meetings to coordinate, provide program direction, and obtain feedback from Team members.
- Initiates Purchase Requisitions for program materials and monitors materials to ensure sufficient quantities are ordered
- on order or inventory to meet program needs.
Essential Skills and Experience
- BSc/MSc degree in Engineering, Physical Sciences or appropriate discipline and directly related experience in program management, preferably in Defense/Aerospace industry
- Strong business acumen in project planning and management
- Strong verbal, written, and organizational skills
- Ability to work effectively with various levels of customer and company personnel.
- Incumbent must have the ability to cope with a myriad of situations, many of which are new, several of which are unique or unprecedented.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Working knowledge of the design, manufacture, and test of space products.
- Project Manager Knowledge of Space Systems (Satellite or Launch Vehicle) is advantageous
This description indicates, in general terms, the type and level of work performed and responsibilities held by the employee(s). Duties described are not to be interpreted as being all-inclusive or specific to any individual. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions